Husband, Father, Business Owner, Technology Geek.
GoDaddy hosting customers victim to massive hack
2 June 2006, greg @ 3:37 pm

From George Ou’s blog…”Earlier this week I blogged about the case of Turkish hackers defacing a record number of websites. 38,500 sites were defaced in a single day by hacker iSKORPiTX who used an automated mechanism to attack what appeared to be an exploit in a sloppy implementation of ASP code” Read more…

Why do large companies not have the guts to tell the truth about such things? Did you Godaddy hosted website get hacked? If so, what was their response??

7 Comments a “GoDaddy hosting customers victim to massive hack”

1. Call Cruncher — June 6, 2006 @ 1:04 pm

Interesting article. I look forward to your future work.

2. Annie — June 12, 2006 @ 3:48 pm

Recently my blog was attacked. I can’t believe the number of hackers out there. I was surfing the web looking for information on real estate farming when I came on a number of sites that looked like they’d been hacked. It’s hard to get a decent response from anyone too. I’ve heard a lot of people have problems with google.

3. April shops Massage chairs — June 16, 2006 @ 3:17 pm

Hey Annie,
    I have found that when people use those auto spam blogging devices, it always leaves random comments that tarnishes the reputation that website owner may be trying hard to earn! I was looking around online for massage chairs
    and I found a really great site that worked hard at preventing spam from ruining their fantastic business reputation. I will consider them when purchasing my reclining massage chair because of it.

4. Angie — June 29, 2006 @ 10:48 am

It’s a shame how few people tell the truth about hacking and spamming. More people should spread the word. Be warned, it happens. I know several people who own printing services that post tips on their blogs, and this has happened several times.

5. Anglea — July 14, 2006 @ 7:55 am

I have a real estate marketing business and thank goodness no it wasn’t hacked. But you just never know when it comes to sites these days. Who can you trust versus who you can’t? And yes, the big guys do like to keep things secret. It’s rather annoying.

6. George — July 28, 2006 @ 9:31 am

Hey everyone. I find hacking just embarassing and harmful. I don’t understand why people do it, and why they would want to tarnish the reputation of good, honest people. It’s really sad and pathetic. I bumped into your post while looking for just listed cards. Anyway, thanks for the insight all!

7. Colin Ferguson — June 22, 2009 @ 9:10 am

So has there been any further cases of this? I’m trying to research something for a friend who just had her Godaddy account hacked and malware loaded up.